
欢迎关注微信公众号:英语主播Emily
在微信公众号里回复:课程
即可获得10节精品视频学习课程
全面提高听力,发音,口语
帮你告别哑巴英语 一步步开口“说”英语
A: The whole team is upset because someone forgot to save the final version.
B: I saw the look on Sarah's face—she looked guilty but didn't say anything.
A: I'll shoulder the blame this time. She's already had a rough week.
参考翻译:
A: 整个团队都不高兴,因为有人忘了保存最终版本。
B: 我看到了Sarah的表情——她看起来很内疚,但什么也没说。
A: 这次我来承担责任。她这周已经够难过了。
⭐shoulder the blame
承担责任(尤其是替别人或为错误承担责任)
He decided to shoulder the blame for the team's mistake.
他决定为团队的失误主动承担责任。
I don't want to shoulder the blame for something I didn't do.
我不想为没做过的事承担责任。
As the manager, I'll shoulder the blame this time.
作为经理,这次我会承担责任。
He shouldered the blame even though it wasn't his fault.
虽然不是他的错,他还是扛了责任。
⭐take the rap
背黑锅
He took the rap for his younger brother.
他替弟弟背了黑锅。
I wasn't even there. Why should I take the rap?
我当时都不在场,为什么要背锅?
⭐rough
艰难的、不顺的、倒霉的
I had a rough day at work.
我今天工作很不顺。
她最近日子很难熬。
She's going through a rough time this week.